Please consider our guidelines before writing to us. Successful applicants will send us a completed packet. We will not consider any application with missing information. If you are a former recipient and wish to reapply, you may do so. Several past recipients have received subsequent grants.
Since we actually read the stuff that you send, please make the application and all correspondence personal. This means we will not consider form letters, “dear sir” letters, mass mailings or mass marketing in any format to obtain financial assistance. We also will not consider applications that are incomplete, impersonal or those applications that do not, in our opinion, fit with the mission of our foundation. Make sure that if you are an individual candidate, you have a high degree of probability that you will be pursuing classical music, and not some other interesting field.
A successful individual application consists of:
A successful group or organization application consists of:
- A personalized letter describing why your organization wishes to receive a Rislov grant.
- A personal narrative that describes to us in detail what your organization does, how does it support classical music and how you wish to use the money.
- A document describing recent performances/activities and dates, history and accomplishments. .
- A link to a current Youtube Video that demonstrates your organizations support of classical music. Please do not send cd’s or dvd’s. We are trying to simplify the review process by using uploads instead. Make sure you name it something like your name, the word “Rislov”, and a date, so we can find it easier.
- The name, address and phone number of the accounts receivable department at your organization, in case you are a recipient.
- Evidence of 501c-3 status.
Mail completed packets to:
The Rislov Foundation
Attention: Joanne Savas
804 third st.
Ann Arbor, MI